1) General Terms and Conditions
The contract shall be governed by the Laws of England.
These terms shall form the basis of the contract between the seller and the buyer in relation to the sale of goods and/or services, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions including the buyers standard conditions of purchase, or any conditions which the buyer may purport to apply under any purchase or confirmation of order or any other document.
All goods and/or services shall be deemed to be an offer by the buyer to purchase goods and/or services from the seller pursuant to these terms.
Acceptance of delivery of the goods or commencement of the services shall be deemed to be conclusive evidence of acceptance of our terms and conditions.
These terms represent the whole of the agreement between the seller and the buyer. They supersede any conditions previously issued.
These terms apply to all orders for goods and services, including those placed online via our websites. For additional bespoke framing specific terms please see section 2.
All prices are displayed and quoted in pounds sterling.
Unless otherwise stated all prices include VAT.
Quotes are valid for 30 days.
Our cancellations policy is as per the Consumer Contracts Regulations act 2013.
Once an order for made to measure goods (tailor-made) has started to be manufactured it cannot be changed or cancelled for any reason whatsoever.
Made to measure goods we supply include, but are not limited to, picture frames, mounts, boards and glass.
Made to measure goods cannot be returned for a refund unless they are unfit for purpose or not as described.
We can only accept returned goods by prior arrangement. Returned stock lines will be subject to a minimum restocking charge of 20% of the current price.
1.3) Order Processing Timescales
If you need your order urgently please discuss this at the time you place your order, and we will do everything possible to meet your requirements.
Order processing timescales are defined as the time between your order being placed and the date on which we contact you to confirm that the work is complete and ready for collection.
The order processing time varies depending on the size of your order, the materials required and general demand. Timescales are not guaranteed, but we always endeavour to process your order as quickly as possible.
Whilst every effort will be made to meet the estimated timescales for a given order, timescales are not guaranteed and we accept no liability or consequential loss for delays to your order.
Please note that delayed completion shall not be grounds for rejecting goods or terminating the contract.
You acknowledge and agree that we are only willing to provide our products and framing services if you agree that our liability is limited.
We will not, under any circumstances be liable for any consequential loss as a result of the incorrect supply, late delivery, accidental misrepresentation or any other reason whatsoever whether avoidable or not.
We have worked hard to ensure our website and specifications are up to date, however the risk of error remains; where we do identify a mistake, or it is brought to our attention we will rectify it as soon as possible.
Colours of frames, mouldings and mounts viewed via our website may appear different shades on different monitors, tablets, phones and laptops. Please note that you can confirm colours in person in the gallery.
All orders must be paid for in full before they can be collected.
1.7) Title and Risk
Risk shall pass on collection from our premises.
Notwithstanding the earlier passing of risk, title in the goods shall remain with the seller and shall not pass to the buyer until the amount due has been paid in full.
We ask that completed orders are collected within 2 months.
Upon collection the buyer shall inspect and examine the goods/services supplied.
Collection by the buyer shall be deemed to be acceptance that they are satisfactory and meet expectations.
1.9) Uncollected Orders
1.9.1) Storage of Uncollected Orders
We would appreciate it if you could collect your completed order once it is ready since we have limited storage space.
1.9.2) Disposing of Uncollected Framed Artwork
If framed artworks remain uncollected, after 2 months, we will contact you (via the telephone number or email address provided at the time of order) in order to:
- Remind you that the order needs to be collected.
- Confirm any outstanding balance.
- Notify that if not collected within a further 10 months we reserve the right to dispose of or sell your artwork to create space and recover monies owed to us.
We will attempt one more reminder after a further 4 months.
If disposing of the artwork raises any funds, from those funds we will take the money owed to us, any remaining funds will be proper to you (the customer).
1.10) Force Majeure
We shall not be liable for delay or failure to perform any obligation under these terms & conditions if the delay or failure is caused by any circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of god, war, civil disorder or industrial dispute.
If a force majeure event prevents the company from being able to provide its goods and services, we reserve the right to cancel the contract immediately by giving notice to the buyer.
1.11) Data Protection
We will only use the information we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998) and in accordance with our GDPR policies (copies of which are available on request).
1.12) Limitation of Liability
For our liability regarding bespoke framing, please see section 2.
Nothing in these conditionals shall limit or exclude the seller’s liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees or sub-contractors.
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Breach of terms implied by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.
- Breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979.
- Defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
2) Bespoke Framing Services – Terms and Conditions
We treat all items brought to us for framing with great care and respect at all times and while scenarios of damage and loss are extremely unlikely, our artwork care guarantee offers limited remedy for damage to/loss of your artwork/items left in our care for framing.
2.1) Mailing in of Artwork
You should not send artwork/items for bespoke framing to us without our prior agreement.
You should ensure you package your artwork sufficiently and send via a signed for courier.
You are responsible for insuring it in transit.
You use our framing service at your own risk, and we advise that you should only send items of nominal monetary value.
Items that are irreplaceable and/or of sentimental value should not be sent to us via mail/courier and should be brought to us in person.
All items must be collected in person.
2.2) Stretching Canvas
Canvas must be stretched onto wooden bars; when stretching a canvas, there is a risk that the paint surface may crack.
For quality paints and canvas the risk is very low indeed however, for thin, lower quality canvas or fabrics, there is a risk of cracking.
To stretch a canvas/fabric onto a wooden stretcher frame, the framer will have to apply pressure to literally stretch the artwork onto the stretcher frame.
Please note that we will not be held liable for any such cracking of the paints surface that results from professional stretching.
2.3) Dry/Cold Mounting
Due to many factors in the mounting process the possibility exists that artwork, prints or substrates may be damaged during the process.
While issues are rare, they can happen; a print may become wrinkled, bubble or show an orange peel effect.
Dry and cold mounting is not a reversible process and is not without risk, we do not recommend it is used on items that are one-offs or cannot be easily reprinted or replaced.
We will take every precaution in handling your artwork; however, we will not be held responsible for loss or damage that could occur as a result of a permanent mounting process.
We will not be held liable for any consequential loss or damage or otherwise to artwork, prints, posters or other items left for permanent mounting.
3) Artwork Care Cover – Terms and Conditions
As professional framers aiming to offer the highest standards of bespoke framing, we are proud to offer our customers a level of assurance beyond that offered by the vast majority of picture framers.
We understand that items brought for framing sometimes are of a nominal monetary value but great sentimental value, please be assured that we treat every single item with the same amount of care and respect irrespective of its financial value.
While scenarios of damage and loss are extremely unlikely, our artwork care cover offers limited remedy for damage to/loss of your artwork/items left in our care for framing.
IMPORTANT: Only items and artworks meeting our conditions will qualify to be covered by our Artwork Care Cover.
If in doubt, you should ensure that important items brought for framing are fully covered by your own insurance company, that insurance should include fire, theft, accidental damage AND process cover.
3.1) Limited Remedy for Damage to/Loss of your Artwork
If we were to lose, part damage or damage your artwork whilst it is in our care, our liability and remedy shall be limited in line with these terms and conditions, please read them carefully.
- Stated value – The £ value of the item recorded at the point the order is placed. Our liability is limited to the items value recorded at the point of sale. The stated value should be realistic and reflect the items condition when brought in for framing. Further to this, should the need to claim arise, proof of the items value will be required by us, such as purchase receipt or professional valuation. Under no circumstances will we pay-out more than the items recorded value.
- The maximum stated value we will reimburse is £2500. If your item is worth more than £2500, you should ensure your item is fully covered by your own insurance while it is left with us.
- Remedy in the case of damage or total loss
- You agree that in the case of damage or loss, our total liability is limited to the stated value of the item recorded at the point the order is placed.
- If restoration is a viable option, we will try to source a suitable restorer and will fund restoration up to the value £250 (where the item is below £250) or up to the items stated value (to a maximum of £2500). If restoration is not an option due to the nature of the item/damage, we will make a payment to you up to the stated value.
- In the case of total loss, we will pay out up to the items stated value only once we have satisfactory proof to substantiate the stated value, i.e. receipt and/or a professional valuation.
- The items condition at the time it was brought for framing will affect is valuation. If your item had any damage or issues when initially brought to us, the valuation may be reduced.
In the unlikely event of damage or total loss we will seek remedy, the remedy will very much depend on the item and the exact situation.
|Item||Damaged whilst in our care||Total loss whilst in our care|
|Oil Painting||Specialist restoration up to £250 or item’s stated value||Payment up to item’s stated value|
|Work on Paper||Specialist restoration up to £250 or item’s stated value||Payment up to item’s stated value|
|Re-printable Photograph||Reprint, up to item’s value||Reprint, up to item’s value|
|Old Photograph, no negative available||Specialist restoration up to £250 or item’s stated value (if higher).||Payment up to item’s stated value|
|Open Edition Print/Limited Edition Print||Specialist restoration up to £250 or item’s stated value (if higher).||Purchase replacement up to the item’s stated value (if publisher has sold out, we will pay out up to the item’s stated value). We will not source prints on the open market.|
|Fabric/Needlework||Specialist restoration up to £250 or item’s stated value (if higher).||Payment up to item’s stated value|
|Other Items/Objects||Specialist restoration up to £250 or item’s stated value (if higher).||Payment up to item’s stated value|
If we pay out the full amount for an item, we will then own it and the right to take possession of it.
3.2) Qualifying Conditions
The framing must meet the following qualifying conditions to benefit from the Artwork Care Cover:
- Must be brought to us in person not sent via mail order.
- Must have a condition report entered on our jobsheet when the item is brought in for framing.
- The value of the item must be discussed and a realistic valuation recorded at the point the order is placed, be it of negligible value, sentimental or commercial value. Please note that in the event of a claim we will require the customer to provide proof of the stated value in the form of the original purchase receipt or a professional valuation.
- The jobsheet must have been signed by the customer at the time that the work was left with us.
- The item is valued at no more than £2500. For items valued over £2500 you should ensure that you are covered by your own insurance.